Water means a lot to us here at Edible, which is why we’re so proud to have partnered with Finlandia Vodka as they work to promote clean water with their Journey from the Source video series. Now, we want to hear what #WaterMeans to you.
We’ve combed through the Edible archives to show you what #WaterMeans to some of our favorites: conscientious eaters and drinkers, fishermen and farmers. Here’s what we’ve found:
- #WaterMeans filling up at the tap, because New York “is one of only five American cities awarded a filtration avoidance determination by the EPA, government-speak that means the water is naturally and exceptionally clean.”
- #WaterMeans a healthy and refreshing alternative to soda (a 12-ounce can of which will set you back 140-calories), and a way to water down the rates of obesity and diabetes.
To friend-of-Edible, Dock to Dish:
- #WaterMeans community-based fisheries and direct connections between small-scale fishermen and the local families and restaurants they serve.
- #WaterMeans sustainably sourced and as-fresh-as-can-be fish.
To local farmers:
- #WaterMeans everything—try growing something without it!
- #WaterMeans successful seasons and economic survival, which—considering farming is a larger contributor to New York’s economy than any other state economy in the country—really supports the economic strength of us all.
- #WaterMeans that, “although our wet climate provides us with agricultural problems like fungal diseases, it also engenders structural elements in our wines that make them unique, special and delicious.”
Want to tell us what #WaterMeans to you? Show us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the #WaterMeans hashtag, and we’ll enter you for a chance to win two general admission tickets to Good Spirits on March 3!
So send us those snaps of your favorite beaches, cocktails, and watering holes—and get ready to clink glasses #4PureWater with us in March.
This post was made possible by Finlandia Vodka.